Crenshaw School Dress Code
DRESS CODE GUIDELINES
ALL OTHER GISD DRESS CODE POLICIES WILL BE ENFORCED IN ADDITION TO THE CAMPUS STANDARDS OUTLINED BELOW.
The following guidelines apply to SLACKS OR PANTS:
- No velvet, fleece, stretch materials or convertible/rip-aways.
- Pants must have no holes, rips, tears or frays, intentional or unintentional.
- No tight, form-fitting pants. If leggings are worn, the entire bottom must be covered by the shirt.
- Shorts and skirts may be worn but must be no shorter than five inches above the center of the kneecap, even when leggings or tights are worn under them.
The following guidelines apply to SHIRTS:
- Shirts should be clean, neat and orderly in appearance.
- Shirts may not have spaghetti straps or show the midriff. Shirts must cover all underwear.
- Shirts may not display any images or inappropriate messages deemed vulgar or unacceptable by administration.
The following guidelines apply to SHOES:
- Shoes must not have steel toes or cleats.
- Shoes/sandals must be supportive and have back straps.
- No strapless sandals, flip-flops, mules, house shoes, slippers or other types of slip-ons.
- Shoes with heels should not exceed 1-½ inches in height.
- Shoes with wheels and lights are distracting and should not be worn to school.
- Other shoes deemed a safety hazard by administration will not be allowed.
OTHER dress code guidelines include the following:
- Hats, headgear, hoods, and bandannas are not to be worn on campus. Sunglasses are not to be worn inside the building.
- Hair must be neat and clean. Hairstyles, including hair that is dyed an unconventional color (i.e. green, purple, orange, fire red, etc.), etchings or spiked/Mohawk styles, are not permitted. Hair must not cover the eyes.
- Clothing, jewelry, medallions, patches, or designs on clothing should not reflect or suggest gangs, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, profanity, sex, or antisocial, unhealthy messages.
- Body piercing is prohibited. Tattoos must not be visible at any time while on campus.
In order for a student to attend class, his/her attire must comply with the dress code policy. Parents will be contacted to provide proper attire should their child arrive at school and not be in compliance with the school’s policy. Persistent noncompliance with the policy will be will be addressed by campus administration. Students will be expected to dress appropriately at all school functions. Students must be in comply with the school dress code while on field trips. The campus administrator will make the final decision on any questionable garment.