Ball High School After School Program
Date and Times of After School Programs:
9th - 12th Grade: Texas ACE Program
- Monday - Friday 3:45 to 6:00
After School Activities:
- Ball High Book Club
- Literacy activities build listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills. Using novels of students choice with a foundation to: build comprehension skills, develop response skills, recognize literary elements, uncover the author?s purpose, make inferences, determine theme, and explore multiple genres.
- Black history program
- Students are collectively working together to developed a program to present to the public. Students will be showcase their skills and sharing their talent with other students around the district. The connections students make within the discipline to gain understandings of producing roles and influences in different societies.
- Black History Program Family
- Families come together to enjoy a program of dance, singing, poetry, and living museum characters, to celebrate Black History Month. Community vendors/partners also present.
- Clay Cup Studio Family Night
- Families from all four ACE Elementary schools create art pieces together at Clay Cup Studios, with food provided by GOFM Young Gardeners Program.
- Clay Family Engagement
- A group based project is giving to the family in effort to promote family togetherness.
- Competitive events showcasing the best career and technical education students in the nation. Contests begin locally and continue through the state and national levels.
- Students will learn building confidence, self esteem and cooperation through dance.
- Driver Education
- Texas ACE program has partnered up with South Region Driving school to teach the students driver education.
- ESL Tutoring
- This class will target newcomers and ESL students by addressing individual needs identified by their teacher. Individual tutoring, coursework, and homework specifically tailored to each child's ability and needs.
- ESports Club is a computer game competition club with a goal of creating competitive teams for League of Legends. Students will learn the game, form teams, play each other, and eventually play other high school teams from around the country.
- Fashion Club
- Students are able to independently talk about their fashion styles, ask questions about the same to the other and participate actively in discussions related to clothing and learn history of fashion. Students will learn how to sew and determine what are good fabrics and how to sew with any fabrics.
- Girls Club
- Club programs and services promote and enhance the development of girls by instilling a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and influence.
- This group focuses on the perfection of drawing in the anime style so that one day they can draw their own original characters. Once a drawing is complete, the group discusses what they would change and if so what becomes the backstory of the character. This is the first step in manga writing, and as more Americans are being accepted it is possible that they could get stories published.
- Open mic night
- Students are giving the opportunity to showcase their creative expression/performance on a stage in front of their peers. The student reads, writes music and perform original music and poetry.
- Tor Café
- Students can enjoy coffee, hot chocolate, tea, and snacks while they work on their homework. Students can also get coffee and snacks before heading to tutorials.
- Ball High Book Club