Welcome to Setting Up Canvas Parent Access
For information on how to use the app, including adding multiple students, CLICK HERE and view the tutorials.
There are 2 main steps to connecting to your student's Canvas account.
Step 1 obtain your student pairing code, and then step 2 create your account using that pairing code.
Step 1: Get the Students Parent/Pairing Code
To get your students pairing code have them do the following:
Log into Canvas on a web browser, OBSERVER CODES CAN NOW BE FOUND ON THE APP, and Open Settings (found under "Account" in the left navigation):
On the right click the "Pair with Observer" button.
Copy down the Pairing Code (This will be used by your parent when they create their account)
Step 2: Create Parent Account
Next the parent will need to create their Canvas Parent account using the pairing code obtained by their students.
Click on the following link to access your parent login portal: https://galvestonisd.instructure.com/login/canvas
In the top right corner of the login app click "Parent of a Canvas User? Click Here For an Account"
Once the next screen pops up, fill in THE PARENT/OBSERVER INFORMATION along with your Student's Pairing Code.
- Enter your name in the Your Name field.
- Enter your email in the Your Email field. (If you work for GISD use your personal email account)
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Re-enter your password in the Re-enter Password field.
- Enter a paring code to link your account to your student in the Student Pairing Code field.
- Click the Start Participating button.
To add another studdent to your account while logged in online see the steps below:
You can now log in and begin Observing.
Try downloading the Canvas Parent App from the Apple or Google App stores.