Purchasing Coordinator - Gwynetheia Pope
To review all current bid/proposal documents, please visit the
legal section of Galveston Daily News (click name to be redirected).
The primary function of the Districts Purchasing Department is to meet the products and services needs of the District by:
- obtaining the best product at the lowest cost to the taxpayer while complying with all federal, state, and local laws as well as District policies and guidelines.
- achieving a reliable and timely delivery for the requesting school or department
- promoting competition between bidders
- insuring an equal opportunity for all vendors to secure District's business
- educating and informing all vendors about District rules, regulations, and methodology for awards.
Purchasing is charged with the acquisition of goods and services requested by instructional and administrative departments. Purchasing will function in a manner consistent with applicable laws, School Board policies, the Uniform Commercial Code and other sound business practices.
Method of Contracting
Except for contracts for the purchase of vehicle fuel or produce, all contracts for goods and non-professional services valued at $50,000 or more in the aggregate, for each 12-month period, are made by the procurement method that provides the best value to the District, in accordance with Texas Education Code 44.031. For construction projects, the Board of Trustees will determine the appropriate procurement method to receive competitive prices from competing vendors.
For purchases of goods between $3,000 and $50,000, the Purchasing Department relies on quotes taken from several vendors prior to awarding a contract. Written (faxed or emailed) quotes are primarily used. A list of active cooperatives that staff may acquire approved vendors from is listed below in the Cooperative Arrangements section.
- TASB Buyboard
- HCDE (Harris County Department of Education)
- Region IV TCPN (The Cooperative Purchasing Network), National IPA
- Region 5 Southeast Texas Cooperative Purchasing Organization
- TPASS Texas Procurement and Support Services, also includes Piggyback contracts, Term Contracts, DIR (Dept. of Information), TIBH Industries, TXMAS (Texas Multiple Award Schedule)
- HGAC (Houston-Galveston Area Council)
- Region 8 TIPS (The Interlocal Purchasing System)
- TCI (Texas Correctional Industries)
- US Communities
- Region 7 Regional Purchasing Cooperative
- Region 13 & 20 - PACE (Purchasing Assoc. of Cooperative Entities)
- Region 19 - Allied States Cooperative
All vendors should complete the Vendor Information form and required documents. In addition, if applicable, vendors shall submit Conflict of Interest and Disclosure of Interested Parties form. Once forms are completed send to email@example.com.
All forms can be found below in "Forms" section.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a GISD Vendor.
Senate Bill 9 directs school district contractors/subcontractors to obtain state and national criminal history background searches on their employees who will have direct contact with students, and to receive those results through the DPS criminal history clearinghouse (Fingerprint-based Applicant Clearinghouse of Texas - FACT).