COLLEGE ADVISING TIPS provided by
- Visit our BigFuture™ Educator Resource Center to learn how you can clear a path to success for your students by helping create early college aspirations and preparing them for high school.
- Encourage students to get involved in extracurricular activities because colleges look for qualities like leadership and a sense of social responsibility.
- Host workshops to help parents locate resources for navigating the college planning process.
- Help students develop programs of study to make connections between high school preparation and postsecondary success.
- Teach students how to research colleges that fit their academic and social needs.
- Use the Academic Tracker to help your students create academic plans that match their college and career goals.
- Encourage your students to start thinking about their college application essay early so they can highlight their best qualities.
- Have students submit updated résumés with spring and summer information forms needed for writing college letters of recommendations.