7 Reasons Why to practice Karate
- Character Education - Independent studies measuring the impact of Kickstart Kids provide evidence that the program is fulfilling its mission to teach character through karate. Kickstart Kids students exhibit the positive character traits of compassion, responsibility, honesty, kindness, diligence, respect, patriotism, and self-discipline, more consistently (75% of the time) than non-participating students (25% of the time).
- Health Benefits - Through demanding physical and mental conditioning, students develop the ability to believe in themselves and create goals for their future.
- Role Models – Kickstart Kids was founded by martial arts world champion, movie star, and philanthropist Chuck Norris and currently employs over 60 black belt instructors who work closely with students to provide mentorship.
- Student Peers – Many students who join the Kickstart Kids program find their second home in the dojo and become lifelong friends with their peers and mentors.
- Safer Schools and Communities - Kickstart Kids has been recognized for its role in helping create safer schools and communities. In 2015, Crime Stoppers of Houston awarded Kickstart Kids a Safe School Award and in 2016, Kickstart Kids received the North Texas Crime Commission Safe School Award. In the summer of 2016, Kickstart Kids was honored to be invited to present Using Karate to Teach Character and Promote Safer Schools at the 138th Sheriffs' Association of Texas Conference in Dallas, Texas.