Academic Technology Programs to Help Your Student
GISD provides home access to many of our Technology Programs used in the Classrooms:
Dreambox - Kindergarten thru 2 grade: Dreambox Learning Math is an adaptive, online math program designed to complement classroom instruction.
Letters were sent home earlier this year with instructions on how to log in to your school's account. Please contact your school for specific instructions/codes on logging into your child's account.
- Sample Parent Log in Instructions - English
- Instrucciones de inicio de sesión de ejemplo de padres- Spanish
ED Learning - K-8 Our new Online Digital ELA textbook - a teaching and learning system that combines the technology, content, and instruction to provide a personalized experience . Includes iRead, HMH Into Reading TX K-5, INTO Literature 6-8 TX 2020, and ARRIBA LECTURA K-5 TX 2020. Contact your teacher for further information.
Learning A-Z - Kindergarten thru 4th grade - Learning A-Z (Raz-Plus) is a blended learning platform that combines teacher-led whole-class and small-group instruction with technology-enabled resources for personalized reading practice.
- Student Access- Contact your child's teacher for login information.
- Parent Access -Parents can request access to their students information by simply logging in as their child and clicking the "Parents" link in the top right and following the instructions to provide an email address. Teachers will need to approve the email address before a parent can see their child's information.
Discovery Education - Kindergarten thru 12th grade- is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, and the largest professional learning community of its kind.
- Student Access- Login is student email and password is Gisd+student ID.
Learning.com - Kindergarten thru 8th grade- From keyboarding and word processing, to computational thinking and coding, digital literacy skills are needed more than ever. Learning.com makes it easy to teach students the critical digital literacy skills they must have to succeed on online assessments, college and their future careers.
- Student Access- Login and Password is student ID. Third box entry on the login page is Galveston ISD.
Imagine Learning - Kindergarten thru 6th grade- GISD English as a Second Language Program (ESL) -Imagine Language & Literacy provides strategic first-language support in 15 languages to facilitate and enhance English language learning. Over 4,100 engaging activities teach critical language and literacy concepts such as reading and listening comprehension, basic vocabulary, academic language, grammar, phonological awareness, phonics, and fluency.
- Student Access - (English as a Second Language (ESL) students only)Login and Password is student ID. Server Address/Site Code is 4820280. Contact GISD if you will be using an ipad or chromebook.
Texas Go Math- Kindergarten thru 5th Grade Math Textbook - Experience easy, 24/7 access to the program's comprehensive suite of digital tools to engage your 21st-century student. Contact your child's teacher if you don't see assignments.
- Student Access- Login - Student email address or student ID. Password is student ID.
Texas Go Math - 6th thru 8th Grade - Math Textbook - Contact your child's teacher if you don't see assignments or content.
- Student Access- Login - Student email address. Contact GISD (email@example.com) for the password.
Science Fusion-K-8th Grade - Science Textbook -Digital lessons offer technology-enhanced questions with interactivity like drag and drop, match, and more. Award-winning Digital Lessons and Virtual Labs, enhanced by more than 3,000 videos, animations, and simulations, create learning that lasts. Contact your teacher if your student can't access materials.
- Student Access -Login - Student email address or student ID. Password is student ID. Contact GISD (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have difficultylogging in.
Canvas- GISD Learning Management System - Daily assignments, quizzes, and resources have been incorporated into Canvas- our GISD Learning Management System (LMS) as our teachers move toward Blended and Personalized Instruction that meets the needs of individual students.
All GISD teachers and students have a login. Contact your child's teacher if you have questions.
The list below contains digital textbooks available to our students from McGraw-Hill.
Click on the link below and enter the following information:
Student Login is student email and password is Gisd+lunch #. If you can't see assignments or content please contact your teacher.
- US History 1565 to Modern Times 5th Grade:
- World Cultures & Geography - 6th Grade:
- Texas History - 7th Grade
- United States History to 1877 - 8th Grade
The list below contains digital textbooks available to our students from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
If you are unable to access content please contact your teacher. This textbook content is also available through Canvas.
- Bein dit! TX Level 1, 2, 3
- Algebra 1
- High School Science Biology
- High School Science Modern Chemistry
- High School Science Physics
- Environmental Science
Zoom - All GISD teachers and campus administrators have access to the video conferencing software Zoom. With this access, teachers can create unlimited video conferences with students, teachers, and employees. Along with using the polling, whiteboard, and breakout room tolls.
Grade Levels: Pre-K to 12
Integrations: Microsoft SSO; Canvas