Phone: (409) 761-6480
Degrees and Certifications:
ADN/RN San Jacinto College LVN Certificate of Technology State Certified in: Vision, Hearing, Scoliosis, and ANTES screening. Other: CPR certified through the American Heart Association.
Ms. Amanda Wildey
I am a graduate of San Jacinto College Nursing Program. I received an Associate’s degree of Applied in Nursing in 2009 and a Certificate of Technology for Licensed Vocational Nursing in 2006. I have experience in Nursery/NICU, Pediatrics and Postpartum units. I have been a school nurse in Galveston ISD since 2010.
daily schedule 7:15-3:30
lunch schedule : 11:25-1155 A.M.
· Over the counter medication and prescribed medication must have the following : Signed consent from the parent, must be in a new unopened bottle, medication must be age appropriate, and brought to school by an adult.
· Fever- 100.4 oral temperature or 100 auxiliary temperature. Student must be fever free without fever reducing medication for 24 hours before returning to school.
· Vomiting and/or Diarrhea- student should be free from both for 24 hours before returning to school.
· Possible conjunctivitis- signs and symptoms: red eye or eyes, thick yellow or green discharge from eyes. Student must have a doctor’s release before returning to school.
· Rashes with fever or behavior changes indicating illness- Student must have a doctor’s release before returning to school.
· Lice- (live lice or large amount of nits) Student needs to be treated and checked by school nurse before reentry to the classroom.
· Students may also be sent home if they are too ill to remain at school.
** IF your child is diagnosed with a contagious condition, a doctor’s note with date of reentry must be brought to school.**