Mariana Mueller - District IT Coordinator
Welcome to the GISD Instructional Technology Department Website! We are ready to Lead the Way to integrating technology into daily instruction to promote student progress and achievement.
The mission of the Instructional Technology Department is to equip learners to utilize technology tools to stimulate creativity and ignite innovation in order to become productive and contributing members in an increasingly digital and global society.
Sites Appropriate for Children
- NetSmartz - Interactive resource that teaches kids and teens how to stay safer on the Internet.
- KidsCoJr - Internet Safety games and activities for elementary and pre-school students; designed for kids and their parents.
Internet Safety Guidelines for Adults
- GetNetWise - The Internet offers kids many opportunities for learning, constructive entertainment, and personal growth. At the same time, parents are concerned about the risks kids face online.
- OnGuard Online - Provides practical tips from the federal government and the technology industry to help you be on guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer, and protect your personal information.
- Common Sense Media - Non-Profit Organization provides media recommendations and digital access advice for families.