Campus Consolidation Information
The GISD Board of Trustees voted to consolidate Rosenberg and Morgan Elementary Schools, as well as Austin and Weis Middle Schools.
The goal of this consolidation is to best serve students by improving operational efficiency and enhancing educational opportunities in the 2024-25 school year.
In the 2024-2025 School Year:
- Rosenberg Elementary and Morgan Elementary will be combined into one elementary campus in the current Austin Middle School Building, located at 1514 Ursuline St. Galveston, Texas, 77550.
- Students entering sixth grade at the start of the 2024-2025 school year will attend the district's current fifth-grade campus, Weis Middle School. The campus will house all fifth and sixth-grade students from the consolidation forward.
- GISD will continue to offer its Schools of Choice program among the district's five elementary campuses, which will comprise the new elementary school at Austin, Oppe, Parker, Burnet, and Crenshaw.
This webpage will be updated with frequently asked questions and answers.
To submit a question, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- When will a principal be named for Austin and Weis?
- How will this consolidation impact the other schools within the district?
- What will happen to the buildings that previously housed Morgan and Rosenberg Elementary Schools?
- Do students currently at Morgan or Rosenberg have the choice to attend a campus other than the new Austin Elementary School?
- How will the official school name, mascot, and colors be chosen for the new Austin Elementary School?
- Will there be an interview process for APs and counselors? If so, what will that look like?
- What about the after-school programs? How will staffing be determined?
- When will an incentive for early retirement/resignation be announced?
- How will seniority play a role, if any, in the consolidation process of placing staff members?
- When will it be determined how many of each support personnel will be staffed at the new Austin Elementary?
- Will there be a time that faculties can tour the new Austin Elementary?