Digital Resources for Home Learning
Resources for the classroom and the home
Math Documents, Activities, and Videos:
Grade Levels: PK-6+
Scholastic Learn at Home supports students, PK-6+, with approximately three hours of learning opportunities per day, including projects, articles and stories, virtual field trips, reading and geography challenges, and more.
The website does not require a username or password and is open freely to all, on any device. The lessons allow students to learn independently or with their families.
Grade Levels: PK-12th
www.myon.com/school/galvestonreadsStudent username: myON
Student password: read
(Teachers/Parents will log in as students.)
Renaissance is supporting GISD with the myON digital library and news articles through an easy to use, shared login for all. The myON digital library provides students free access to thousands of digital texts, anytime, anywhere. MyON News publishes five daily news articles written just for students every weekday.
This link is a one-page resource sheet that includes some tools to help you communicate this shared account to students and their families.
Resources outlined in the document include:
- Letter to families template
- What is myON?
- Login bookmark template
- Offline reading tip sheet
- Welcome to myON video
- Reading myON books offline video
- At-home family reading activities
Grade Levels: K-8th
Students log into Clever to access the textbook and online resources.
This free animated web series is a teaching tool to help middle schoolers explore entrepreneurship, 21st century skills, STEM topics and using technology for social good. The mission of GPS: The Series is to inspire students to become aware of global problems and equipped to solve them. Help your students be ready to thrive in an connected and digital future by thinking as entrepreneurs, innovating as technologists and acting as social change agents.
On this site, you can test your geography knowledge by solving crossword puzzles, completing word searches, and even playing Geography Hangman. The colorful and interactive games reinforce learning of countries, capital cities, and world flags.
Social Studies Documents:
This company is providing you with free at home access to their online learning programs like:
Click the links below to access the programs:
Parent Letter - Age of Learning.pdf
Spanish Parent Letter - Age of Learning.pdf
Former NASA engineer. Current YouTuber and firend of Science.
Fun Science Youtube Channel and videos
Check out: Seeing Germs
This award-winning children’s literacy website, Storyline Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
Storyline Online is available 24 hours a day for children, parents, caregivers and educators worldwide. Each book includes supplemental curriculum aimed at strengthening comprehension and verbal and written skills.
Online Spanish Tools
Grade Levels: K-4th
Students log into Clever to access this reading program.
Grade Levels: PK-12th
www.lead4ward.com (Resources, Instructional Tools, Playlists)
Instructional Strategies Playlists provide descriptions of instructional strategies to engage learners, provide practice without penalty, encourage interaction, and see and hear students’ thinking.
- Choose and click on an Instructional Strategy.
- Step-by-Step instructions for each strategy are provided.
- Click on the Template (handout) icon where available.
- PBS Learning Science
- Project Noah
- Provides teachers with hands-on experiments for their students to conduct.
- Provides students with science simulations that promote learning.
- Discover Science
- Infuse your lessons with materials from the CAS.
- Smithsonian Science Education Center
- A teacher-geared site that provides teachers with the steps for research-based science instruction.
- Earth Rangers
- A paradise for kids who love the environment and nature. Has great images, videos, animals galore.
- Awe inspiring simulations deliver superb science content.
- Wonderful catalog of biodiversity with great classroom resource.
- A comprehensive resource for people looking for help with science projects and experiments.
- Provides users with an extensive collection of DIY projects.
- 3D Slash
- 3D modeling (and printing) projects for kids all ages.
- NOVA: Tech & Engineering
- Large cache video resources explore key STEM topics.
- The site contains a large cache of science simulations.
- PhET Interactive Simulations
- Large repository of science and math simulations.
- Journey North
- A historic site that helps teachers create engaging lessons for their students.
- National Geographic Education
- Discover the world with this site’s multimedia features.
- Mosa Mack
- Science Buddies
- Science Kids
- Mystery Science
- National Science Teachers Associations
- Science Interactive
- National Science Digital Library (NSDL)
- Understanding Science
- Science Daily
English Language Arts Content:
Social Studies Content:
- Collabra Music