On Monday, February 21st, community organizations and businesses gathered at the Scott Building to celebrate National Black History Month. Health and well-being information, including immunizations, delicious food, and door prizes, were available to all attendees.
Families participated in live fitness activities, enjoyed student performances, and talked with several community representatives that play an essential role in supporting families.
A huge thank you to all involved; it was a great afternoon!
- Galveston County Food Bank,
- NIA Cultural Center
- Rosenberg Library Children’s Department
- Fitness on the Go, FasTrac,
- Galveston College,
- AMOCO Federal Credit Union,
- Family Service Center,
- Teen Health,
- Hot Topic Preparation & Catering,
- Clear Lake Emergency Medical Services,
- Young Gardener’s Program, Communities in Schools,
- SMART Family Literacy, Community Youth Development Programs,
- Renae Bentley from Classic Auto Group Galveston, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Island Church, Catholic Charities, St. Vincent’s House, Coastal Community FCU, NAMI.
- GISD FACE, and Texas ACE.