BASIC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
1. Applicant must be a male student residing in the State of Texas (as such residency is defined in the Application Information, Instructions, and Terms and Conditions document that may be found in the link to the scholarship application below).
2. Applicant must be in need of financial assistance.
3. Applicant must have a grade point average of 78 (C+) or higher if currently enrolled, or have maintained a grade point average of 78 (C+) for the most recent semester of enrollment if not currently enrolled.
4. Applicant must not have a criminal record (excepting minor traffic violations).
5. Applicant (or any immediate family member, or any person in the same household) must not be an employee or director of Moody National Bank.
6. If the applicant attends college, vocational or trade school and maintains 9 or more hours each Spring and Fall semester and a 2.50 Cumulative GPA, an awarded scholarship may be renewable for a maximum of 4 years, or until a Bachelor’s degree is achieved if earlier. If GPA falls below 2.50 in a semester, the student will be in probation status. If GPA is below 2.50 for 2 consecutive semesters, or if the student does not maintain 9 or more hours in any Spring or Fall semester, any scholarship may be withdrawn at the discretion of the scholarship committee, in which case no further scholarship payments will be made. After any withdrawal of a scholarship, the student may re-apply for the scholarship during the first calendar quarter of the following year. Any re-application will also require that the student write and submit a letter (at least 200 words) explaining his grades, or his failure to maintain 9 hours, and his plan for personal improvement.