The assessment department provides the following services to our schools and their students:
- Coordination of district, state and national assessments
- Data analysis and reporting
- Student performance data systems
- Support for classroom, common and formative assessment
- Facilitation of data-driven decision-making, research, and school improvement planning
- Assessment is an on-going, spiraling, data driven process that guides instruction.
- Assessment is a balance between “of” learning and “for” learning.
- Assessment quality is more important than quantity.
- Assessments ensure that learners have a clear understanding of what they have learned and why.
- Assessment is aligned and integrated with curriculum.
- Assessment is essential for learner and educator accountability.
- Assessment promotes greater learning and growth through differentiated, yet respectful, tasks.
- Assessments should include opportunities for learner self-reflection.
- Assessments are a form of communication.
- Grades communicate student achievement relative to standards.