Purchasing Coordinator - Gwynetheia Pope
The primary function of the Districts Purchasing Department is to meet the products and services needs of the District by:
- obtaining the best product at the lowest cost to the taxpayer while complying with all federal, state, and local laws as well as District policies and guidelines.
- achieving a reliable and timely delivery for the requesting school or department
- promoting competition between bidders
- insuring an equal opportunity for all vendors to secure District's business.
- educating and informing all vendors about District rules, regulations, and methodology for awards.
Purchasing is charged with the acquisition of goods and services requested by instructional and administrative departments. Purchasing will function in a manner consistent with applicable laws, School Board policies, the Uniform Commercial Code and other sound business practices.
Method of Contracting
Except for contracts for the purchase of vehicle fuel or produce, all contracts for goods and non-professional services valued at $50,000 or more in the aggregate, for each 12-month period, are made by the procurement method that provides the best value to the District, in accordance with Texas Education Code 44.031. For construction projects, the Board of Trustees will determine the appropriate procurement method to receive competitive prices from competing vendors.
For purchases of goods between $3,000 and $50,000, the Purchasing Department relies on quotes taken from several vendors prior to awarding a contract. Written (faxed or emailed) quotes are primarily used. A list of active cooperatives that staff may acquire approved vendors from is listed below in the Cooperative Arrangements section.